Herbal bath bags are gaining popularity, because these can be transformed for different needs. The blends used in a bad bag can become infinite. From relaxation to an invigorating bath can be achieved with the help of different herbs, flowers and essential oils. All you need is a base blend, coffee filters, yarn, and a personalized blend.
A base blend can consist of oats, sea salt, powder milk, and any dry herb or flower that you feel is beneficial to your skin type. The most popular herbs and flowers used in bath bags are lavender buds, chamomile, calendula, rose, lemongrass, yarrow, comfrey, spearmint and rosemary. For this base blend lavender and chamomile will be used to promote skin health.
Base Blend Recipe
- ½ cup of oats
- ¼ cup of lavender buds
- ¼ cup of chamomile flowers
- 5 tbs. of powder milk
Instructions for Assembling the Bath Bag
- Grind the lavender and chamomile. Then mix together with the oats and milk.The finish product can be stored in a glass jar and use it to make one or four bath bags.
- The next step is to choose an aromatic blend to personalize the bath bag for personal needs.
- For a relaxation blend, add five drops of mandarin essential oil, five drops of lavender essential oil and the petals of one rose.
- To create an invigorating blend, add one tablespoon of orange and lemon peel, five drops of rosemary essential oil and three drops of peppermint oil.
- A refreshing bath can be created by adding sea salt to the base blend and three drops of bergamot essential oil and two drops of grapefruit essential oil.
- An aromatic and exotic blend can be made by adding two to four drops of jasmine absolute essential oil, three drops of ylang-ylang essential oil, half vanilla bean.
Bath Bag Luxury
After the wanted blend is made, place the mix in the center of a coffee filter and tie it with a piece of yarn. Place the bath bag in the tub while filling with warm water. Once in the tub, scrub yourself with the bath bag and squeeze it regularly to benefit from the oils and herbs in the bag. Relax and enjoy the aromatic bath.
Bath bags are easy to make, and can create a SPA like environment for yourself or any visiting guest. Bath bags are also great for gifts and an easy method to share the benefits in herbs, flowers and essential oils with others.